- At least 18 years of age;
- Current Criminal Record Check;
- BC Soccer Referee and Assessor;
- At least six (6) years of experience as a Referee;
- Be willing to devote time and energy to improving themselves as a referee and a referee mentor by participating in BC Soccer Referee programming initiatives;
- Good people and communication skills;
- Be accessible to referees, coaches, and Chilliwack FC Executive as needed;
- Serve as a role model to other volunteers;
- Good observer;
- Positive teacher;
- Good listening skills;
- Encouraging and understanding;
- Proficient knowledge of the Laws of the Game and referee mechanics;
- Be committed to Chilliwack FC and our philosophies.
Chilliwack FC Expectations of the Referee Mentor – Full Field
- Assign full field referees and assistants to games for Chilliwack FC, with priority being given to Chilliwack based referees, then if necessary referees from other communities.
- Annual Refresher Courses as required by BC Soccer.
- Entry Level Clinics as required to augment and maintain the number of referees required in Chilliwack
- Provide a minimum of two (2) full assessments for each full field referee annually.
- Provide on-going mentoring as needed for all Chilliwack Referees
- Run weekly sessions for Referees particularly those who wish to advance their refereeing career.
- Submit monthly reports on the progress of the program plus an annual report to the Board.
- Work with the webmaster to ensure that current events and referee accomplishments are posted on the website.
- Attend as many Chilliwack FC games as possible.
- Utilize outside mentors from within the community.
Apply today! Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org