Chilliwack FC News

April 1 – Chilliwack FC Programming Update

April 1, 2020

Dear Chilliwack FC Members,

Thank you for your continued patience as we, like you, continue to watch closely what seems to be the never-ending fall out of the effects of the COVID-19 virus on all of our lives. The challenges we all face with self-isolation, social distancing, in some cases self-quarantine as well as the uncertainty of our employment and children’s education certainly adds a level of stress none of us need or deserve.  Please believe me when I say, it is not the Chilliwack FC’s Executive’s intent to add to that stress.

Since we last reached out to you, we have been in communication with other clubs in the Lower Mainland as well as our governing body BC Soccer, who sent all clubs a survey last week with questions that would help them decide on how to proceed with the spring season and the many competitions that they oversee. And while we wait for those results and a direction from BC Soccer and or the Canadian Soccer Association, the Chilliwack FC Executive has met via video conference to start contingency planning. As you can imagine, regardless of what is decided Chilliwack FC is in a precarious position. Some of you will want your children out on the pitch, some of you will want refunds, and some of you will be torn and unsure what to do. It is the goal of the Chilliwack FC Executive to find ways to meet all your needs once we receive direction from BCSA and do it as seamlessly as we possibly can without adding any undue stress on all of us. Our intention to have a final decision for all of you no later than Thursday April 9th. We hope this will allow BC Soccer and the Canadian Soccer Association to provide us with some direction as well as it gives the Chilliwack FC Executive time to finalize its contingency plan. We appreciate that some of you want answers now but unfortunately, we aren’t able to do that for you and we ask that any of you looking for a refund please hold off on your request until we have our ducks in a row. It may seem as simple as cutting a cheque or refunding a credit card to some, but it really isn’t that simple as this is a multi-layered process for us.

While, it looks more and more that the spring season will not be going ahead as we had planned, we do want you to know that once we are allowed back on the fields, we will offer something for your child to participate in. We also hope to offer extensive summer programming for your children so they can still get their soccer fix. Please keep an eye on our social media and our website for more information on those programs. For those of you who have children hoping to play on one of Chilliwack FC’s Development teams, we will hold evaluations as soon as we’re able, but in the meantime, please remember that you can only participate in those evaluations if you pre-register. There is no cost to register for the evaluations, please visit our website at to do so.

Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding as we charter through these uncertain times with you. This certainly hasn’t been easy on any of us and like you, we look forward to life resuming to some level of normalcy for us all.

On behalf of the Chilliwack FC Executive…




Andrea Laycock
Chilliwack FC Chairperson