Chilliwack FC (CFC) is currently seeking an experienced candidate to fill the role of Executive Director for our club. CFC is a Chilliwack based soccer club that oversees 2000+ members/players annually. CFC has a staff of more than 10 paid positions and over 100 volunteer positions. CFC is a member of the FVYSA, BCSA and the CSA. The mission of Chilliwack FC is to foster, promote, and develop the skills, knowledge, and enjoyment of the game of soccer.
The position of Executive Director in the not-for-profit sector provides strategic direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
The position of Executive Director is a Part-Time paid position reporting directly to the CFC Chairperson and its Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Association and its Administrative offices.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in financial management and bookkeeping.
- The demonstrated experience and ability to manage staff and coordinate projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking and comfort with the media.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a considerable degree of judgment and independence.
- Negotiation skills, including the ability to gain cooperation and support from various parties with divergent expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and monitor major projects such as multi team travel.
- Familiarity with the structure and culture or organized soccer in Canada.
- Familiarity with the principles and structure or sports leagues within geographical boundaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONIBILITIES
- Supervises a staff that includes a Technical Department with appointed full time TD and Coaches, an Administrative Department and various Volunteer groups.
- Develops and administers Employee/Coach contracts.
- Manages all aspects of CFC’s Capital expenditure programs. With reporting and oversight of the CFC Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership that promotes a consistent and collaborative approach to youth soccer programs for Association.
- Seeks out and pursues sponsorship opportunities that may provide financial or in-kind support of all collective CFC programs.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Club Chairperson and other appropriate members of the Club that comprise the Association.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the British Columbia Soccer Association (BCSA).
- Attends meetings or informal gatherings of partner agencies that are beneficial to CFC.
- Prepares the CFC ‘Annual Budget’ together with the Treasurer.
- Manages the budget and is responsible for general accounting practices and financial accountability.
- Attends all scheduled Board of Directors meetings and reports on the operation of the Association with written summary report circulated in advance.
- Advises the Board of Directors on issues as they arise.
- Prepares and delivers a report at the CFC Annual General Meeting.
- Performs additional duties and assumes additional responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- Ensures that the club is in compliance with the BC Soccer Club Charter, the Canada Soccer Quality Assurance Program and the Canada Soccer National Club Youth License.
- Create and maintain the associations CI (Corporate Identity)
- Oversee the creation and cataloging of departmental SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
- Oversee the creation of the association’s media asset pool.
- Develop organizational landscape to consolidate operations foot print.
- Website administration oversight and direction
- Ensure CFC is compliant with BC Soccer/CSA rules and regulations;
- Banking as needed.
- Accounting Direction and oversight.
This is a part-time permanent position with a negotiated annual salary based on the candidate’s relevant experience. Working hours may vary depending on the time of year and may require more than regularly scheduled hours. Working Hours include Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm however, the salary is established for the position and it is contemplated by both parties that more than the standard work week may be required to fulfil the needs of the position.
If you are a qualified candidate and are interested in applying for the position of Executive Director, please forward a letter of introduction along with your resume to attention HR Committee. Only verified final candidates will be contacted to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process or interviews. Please DO NOT contact CFC or its staff via any other method for information about the position of Executive Director or this process.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $24,000.00-$30,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chilliwack, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Not for profit/youth sports/management: 7 years (required)
Application deadline: 2022-06-30